Thursday, May 28, 2009

Old School

A couple weekends ago we acquired an old school hot air popcorn popper. It is so cool! Way cooler than microwave popcorn!

My folks had it out when we visited. So of course I was all excited and thought that the girls would get a kick out of it. We fired it up and the girls loved it!

When I was growing up, we used mostly an electric wok to make popcorn. I don't know where this hot air popper was. Probably packed away all these years and rediscovered when my folks finished their kitchen remodel.

I hinted to my folks that it would be a good gift idea for us. But then my mom said we could have it because they don't use it as often. Sweet!
We've used it a couple times since we got it. What is cool is that a huge bag of popcorn kernels is so inexpensive! It's an economical choice and fun to watch and hear. The girls love to get a freshly popped kernel once it hits the bowl. Add some melted butter and yum-o! And I discovered a variety of seasonings so you could kick it up a notch, with stuff like ranch, garlic Parmesan. Yummy!

No comments: