Friday, October 2, 2009

I made applesauce!

I finally did it! I finally made applesauce!
We picked apples a couple weeks ago... yummy Macs and Corts. I had made plans to make apple pie, applesauce and other goodies but hadn't had time (in part due to to preparing for the garage sale) until now.
My friend sent this super simple crock pot recipe. Perfect for me! Peel, core and slice the apples, throw them in the crock pot with brown sugar, lemon juice and cinnamon and there you go!
I was amazed too because an hour into the cooking I saw the apples still in slice form and figured I might have to put the batch through a blender or something. But in the end, it was applesauce! Amazing! (I get giddy over simple things in life. :) )
So now we have two of four bags of apples left. I plan to use some tomorrow to make a pork tenderloin with apples and an apple pie crumble, which is another recipe submitted by a friend. Sounds like a perfect meal for a fall day. Yum-o!!

No comments: