Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Homeschooling update

We finish our Letter of the Week curriculum this week.
It's been a lot of fun this year and I am excited to continue homeschooling through the summer....at a much more relaxed pace though.
I think we will continue working in the workbooks. We also have the "preschool box of fun" and library file folder games that will keep us busy.
I think we will also address skills like tying shoes, writing with upper and lower case letters, math and intro to Spanish.
I might tackle reading but I need to read up on it myself as far as how to do it. In the meantime, we will very likely be involved in a summer reading program.
I think we will also focus more on arts and crafts. S loves to draw and color but I know she would enjoy more with clay and play dough and painting.
And my ultimate goal, above all else, is to enroll both girls in swimming lessons. I love to swim so you'd think they would have already taken lessons. But, sadly, no. I hope to get them in a class this spring/early summer yet.

1 comment:

Jessica-MomForHim said...

I highly recommend Teach Your Child to Read in 100 Easy Lessons by Siegfried Engelmann and also using Bob Books.