Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Awesome post!

Read this post from The "Cent"sible Sawyer about Stockpiling vs Hoarding. It is awesome and really speaks on the mindset I've adopted lately in my couponing/freebies efforts.
I've posted about this thought before but it's worth mentioning again. I really do feel God has led me to couponing so I can help His people.
I think it is totally OK to have a stockpile on hand of items frequently used. But I shake my head when I hear about those with stockpiles taking over nooks and crannies in their house.
I'm not tooting my horn or anything but providing as an example that with coupons and sales and freebies and all, it is so easy to help those in need.
I've adopted a save and give mindset as well. What do I need with five extra tubes of toothpaste when I can give them away and later take advantage of future sales, if I need them? Or boxes of cereal and cans of soup that I can stockpile and give?
Through my efforts (mostly with the help of wonderful blogs about sales, coupons, freebies and the like) I have been able to give Christmas gifts; help my mother who recently lost her job; give to our church food pantry; give toothpaste and toothbrushes to a woman ministering to women in a prison in another country; and give personal care items to a group collecting for local homeless shelters.
Again, I am not tooting my own horn but saying it is so easy to give. And we should because we are called to. Jesus called us to reach out to the poor, the sick, the needy, the orphaned and widowed, the ones who are thirsty or need clothes, the ones who are imprisoned and forgotten.
We cannot be greedy, especially if we have the opportunity to help those in need during these economic struggles. So I thank God for all His blessings. And the many people who are eager to share freebies and deals!

No comments: