Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Taste of Spring!

The girls and I enjoyed the outdoors the past couple days. What gorgeous weather!

S loved being on her bike, zipping around the driveway and going super fast so she could get into the garage.

M's favorite game was to jump off the front porch step and into the puddle below, which was considerably bigger today, after two day of warm weather. S enjoyed that game as well today.


We also made a game that has been an opportunity for a lot of running and ballet practice. Using sidewalk chalk, I drew four pictures (star, smiley face, rocket ship, planet) in four corners of an imaginary box on the driveway. (The first time I did this I used a space theme so it's kind of stuck.) In the middle of the "box" I drew a comet.


Then I tell the girls to run, skip, march, jump, pretend to be a jet, etc. to each picture. It becomes ballet practice when I tell them to Princess Walk, Shashay, Kick, Back kick, walk backward and so forth; all things S does in ballet class. In the middle, at the comet, they always get to spin around.

Today I added another feature, 5...4...3...2...1! I had them walk on each number slowly and when they got to 1 they were to Blast Off!; running to each corner.

It's a lot of fun and a game we will enjoy whenever we are outdoors.




No comments: