Thursday, May 21, 2009

Chicago! Chicago! Chicago!

We are gearing up for our Chicago trip. I am excited to see how the girls will react to the city. I love Chicago. I have fond memories from childhood of going to the city and exploring the museums and walking down Michigan Ave and eating pizza and Chicago hot dogs. Our mom would call us in sick for a "Ferris Bueller's Day Off" Day. She felt our trips to the museums and whatnot were educational. As an adult, I would ride the train in. That was pretty cool! In college, a group of us went to Chicago for a day trip. It was fun but our driver, a friend, was not familiar with the area and we ended up in a very bad section of town. I told him we needed to book it quick! It was pretty intense for my friends.
For our family vacation (our first official family vacation), we've got plans to take the girls to the Shedd Aquarium, Adler Planetarium, Sears Tower and Millennium Park.
We've talked some about Chicago (that we are going to a big city, checking out some cool places and riding the trains and buses to get around). The girls are super excited. They like to jump up and down and chant "Chicago! Chicago! Chicago!" It is so cute!
I got some books from the library about the ocean, Beluga whales and sea creatures. S loves them! I can only imagine how she will react when she sees sea creatures in person!
Yesterday I reserved some books about Chicago itself, just to give S a taste of what is to come.
I am excited to share a city I love with the girls. Our trip will be here soon enough but please pray for us: safety and protection, patience, stress-free, health, having a good trip all around.

No comments: