Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Orange you glad....

The other day I decided to get a little creative with lunch. Usually our lunch consists of stuff like PB&J sandwiches, grilled cheese sandwiches, Spaghetti-O's, and slurping noodles, a.k.a. Ramen noodles.
But this week I decided to make an orange-themed lunch. Mac and cheese, mandarin oranges, cheesy puffs and Sunny-D. Yum! The girls got a kick out of it! And it was fun to do.
I can't take credit for the idea, though. I got the idea from a scrapbooking catalogue. There was an example of a page in which the family was stuck indoors because of a snow day and the parent decided to make a fun lunch.
What a great idea! I can see trying to do other color themed lunches or doing a rainbow colored lunch (a little of something to represent each color.) Great idea for homeschooling too, I think!

No comments: