Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Feliz Cinco de Mayo!

I was inspired today to cook semi/home-made food for Cinco de Mayo. Maybe inspired is the wrong word. I was looking at the Ortega taco kit and can of refried beans and thought I needed something else. So Spanish rice popped into my mind. Usually I make something boxed. But, since I didn't have anything in the pantry, I decided to make it.
My good, Old Betty Crocker cookbook came in handy once again with a Spanish rice recipe. But then I found a recipe at http://www.recipezaar.com/Easy-Spanish-Rice-354641. It's not the same as my mom's but it looks, smells and tastes good.
The ball got rolling after making the Spanish rice. I used a Betty Crocker recipe for pinto beans, which I haven't decided if I am going to mash into refried beans.
And, once the girls get up, we will make flour tortillas.
I'll make up some taco seasoned ground beef and we should have a tasty Mexican meal. I have to say the house smells great!!

No comments: