Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!

Mother's Day came early to our house this year given that on Sunday I will be at church first thing in the morning, which would conflict with my traditional Mother's Day breakfast in bed. :)
On Sunday, C woke up early and he and the girls (who were already up) went to McD's to pick up hot cakes. Yum! Then they "surprised" me with breakfast in bed. It is so sweet. I got to get a half hour of peaceful sleep before they got back home. The meal was served up on a tray and I was surrounded by my sweet girls and loving hubby as we ate breakfast.
The girls each made me a beautiful card. S gave me a butterfly garden decoration and M gave me a book by Max Lucado.
C's gift to me is the promise that we will take a family vacation to Chicago!! I can't wait! He already got approval from his boss to take the time off and we've been searching on-line for hotels and info on various attractions like the Shedd Aquarium, Millennium Park, Lincoln Park Zoo and more. We'll probably spend a couple days, at least, there. I can't wait.
I love Chicago!!

No comments: