Friday, November 21, 2008

Ah! Peace

I'm in the bedroom and it's quiet in the rest of the house. Normally, I'd be curious as to why the girls are so quiet. But I am relishing this peace. It feels great.
I know the girls are fine. They are eating a snack and absorbed in the adventures of Kipper and his friends. I needed to keep them occupied while I conducted a phone interview with a doctor from New York.
The interview ended earlier than I thought so I figured, why leave the confines of this room? I'm sitting on a comfortable bed in s room that is quite cozy and warm. So I figure I'll just check some e-mails. Maybe read a few more pages in my book.
I don't want to leave this peace and relaxation. I need it after this busy week of working on three different articles that are due in the next few days.
Last night I got my hair cut and the stylist gave me a head, neck and shoulder massage before the shampoo. It felt so good. The woman at the front desk must have thought I was a freak because the moment I walked through the salon doors, I took a deep breath. They sell Aveda products, which I absolutely LOVE! I love the smell of the rosemary mint. But they have other awesome products that just put my mind, body and soul at ease.
And that's how I feel at this moment.....there is peace and I feel completely at ease right now.
I better enjoy it some more before it all comes crashing down.
Namaste'.

No comments: