Monday, November 3, 2008

Ready to vote??

I'm ready to hit the polls!
I've never been a huge follower or conversationalist of politics but, of course, a presidential election is another matter. And I want to make sure my vote counts!
I'm also ready for all this election stuff to be over with. I'm ready to see an end to the many, many editorials and opinions and debates. To see an end to the negative attack ads. I can't tell you how many times we've gotten calls and postal mailings. We've even had a call from former New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani!
Above all, I'm ready to see a new leader at the helm. No matter who is there, I will pray for that leader and the others. There is a huge job ahead of them and I can only pray that the right decisions are made for the better of our nation, not for political interests.
But our leaders are human after all. We can't expect them to be perfect, just as we are not perfect or right. And I am sure there will be many failings as well as successes.
I hope everyone else will stop at the polls on Tuesday.
Now, just to figure out when the girls and I can hit the polls. I'm thinking I'll go over at 9 and pray for a smallish line. I'll have snacks and toys for the girls, just in case.

No comments: