Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Kitchen time saver!

I am utilizing one of my favorite kitchen time savers: the crock pot.
And better yet, I am making enough for a couple meals!
And super better yet: I am cooking a bag of frozen chicken breast! No thawing! Just pop them in the crock pot, set to low and cook for 6-8 hours.
I got this idea from the Friends' Cookbook, a collection of favorite recipes compiled by some friends and I. (Let me know if you want a copy.)
Once the chicken is cooked, I will shred the meat and make chicken tacos for tonight. (Served with Mexican rice and refried beans.)
Then I will freeze the rest for something later, like shredded chicken with gravy, served on buns.
Or, I might cut the chicken into cubes for meals that call for cooked cubed chicken.
I just love this idea. It's a super awesome time saver! And the house smells great!
By the way, has anyone ever cooked frozen chicken breast in the oven? Like, not thaw the chicken for a recipe, just put it in the oven and go?

No comments: