Saturday, January 17, 2009

Chillin' Out.....literally

An Arctic freeze hit us earlier this past week. You'd think I'd have spent the time blogging while being stuck indoors. And yet, no. I was cleaning and reading and cooking and playing with the girls. Life did not slow down while we were home Wednesday through Friday.....chillin' out. Was the house sparkling clean and homemade meals on the table every night. No. I did some of each over the course of three days. But I found that I treated that time more like the snow-days of my childhood: watching TV, playing, reading and just chillin' out.
Of course by Friday I was ready to get out!! By Thursday night, I thought we would be venturing out. We have ballet and story time scheduled that morning. But come Friday morning, the school district had cancelled classes again, which meant no ballet. I was able to get out Friday night for some me time! I attended the monthly crop, where I finished M's 1-2 year book. My next project will be to start on S's book for this year. I can't wait!

No comments: