Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Tumble Bumble!

Today was M's first day of tumbling. We are taking a class through the local parks and rec.
M had a blast! She was very well behaved and tried a lot on her own.There were about 10 other kids (and their parents) in the class.
The class began with stretches. Then the teachers had all her "friends" line up along one wall and then do things like jump across to the other side like a frog or walk like a bear to the other side or walking backwards. It was so darn cute. I was so surprised that M did the bear walk. She did an awesome job!
Then the class went through an obstacle course for the rest of the time. The kids walked on low balance beams, jumped over hoops and then practiced somersaults. It was a lot of fun for the kids. And they learned patience and taking turns.
At the end of class, each child received a smiley face stamp on their hand. M was so proud of hers! She was excited to show it to Daddy and Tae-ha.
And, no, I did not take pictures. As I was putting M in the van to go, I thought about the camera but, since I didn't want to be late for class, I decided I'd try to bring the camera with next week. I've got to get something to add to her scrapbook!

No comments: