Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Little one


OK. All the talk about S, you say, but what about M?

M is......a blessing. She is so different from S in so many ways, just as she should be.

We took a parenting class a few weeks ago and were asked to pick a food that best describes our child. We described M as a sweet tart. Sweet as can be but then you bite in that tartness that makes your eyes cross and your mouth pucker. It takes your breath away, that combination.

That's M. She is smart, independent, funny, a little copycat, a thinker, has quite the spirit and a lo of energy and is sweet and sassy. She makes us laugh. She amazes us with how much she knows and does at this age. She makes us crazy.

It's hard to believe she will be 2 soon. I remember when I was pregnant with her, she had so much energy, always moving around, even the morning she was born. Part of me thought she was going to be a boy. And then she was born and so fast, I might add! She was ready to come out. And she was suddenly M. And it felt like we had her forever! It still does. At times I think she is going on 15 or something. Other times, when I hold her in my arms at bedtime, she is my sweet, precious baby.


1 comment:

Amber said...

M, what a little blessing she is, I love her personality. She makes my heart smile. It's strange to think that I can actually remember you pregnant with her, and I remember the first time I met her (it was at the mall). I'm with you, it seems so long ago, yet just the other day!!